For two weeks, I’m guest editor on EMSNOW, while Jennifer takes a well-earned break! For that period, I’m taking the liberty of posting some daily musings. My day generally starts with my own “reading room”, a quick review of my favorite news sources, usually including this publication. Here’s what caught my eye with this morning’s coffee.
- Another update on Brexit, this time from IPC’s VP of Government Relations, Chris Mitchell. Check out his piece entitled, ‘Brexit Postponed Amid Political Gridlock; Industry Disruptions in Store’. Chris offers seven insights including thoughts on the impact on the global electronics manufacturing industry.
- I also read with interest this piece on LinkedIn from Mark Lynd, Managing Partner at Relevant Track, on Intel’s Data-centric Innovation Day. Intel’s Data-Centric Strategy is the Key to Unlocking the World’s Datais a good read and includes the word cloudification, which whilst not being a real word does explain the need to move data from the edge when volume dictates.
- Last week I was at AMUG2019, you may have read my column on Friday asking of Additive Manufacturing is Ready for Industrialization. Aviation is a big opportunity for 3D, check out this piece in 3D Printing Industry, about Diehl Aviation and Airbus and there use of 3D Printing for aviation parts. The article is entitled, Diehl Aviation Delivers Largest 3D Printed Passenger Aircraft Part for Qatar Airways.
- Also on the topic of Additive Manufacturing, I was impressed with the data from 3D Natives article, Essentium’s latest survey: what is the future of industrial scale 3D printing? , which is available on their website. Read some of the key finding and comments from Essentium CEO, Blake Teipel in
- Lastly on 3D Printing, Fluid Power World suggest that 3D Printing could be the future of hydraulics in their notes from Hannover. Additive seems set to disrupt and enhance many areas of manufacturing.
- In my opinion, the application of AI requires both thought and expertise beyond AI itself. Is this EBN feature, Artificial Intelligence & X-Ray Vision are Superpowers, Creative Electron CEO, Dr. Bill Cardoso shares his view on where AI is now and where it can be applied.
Read more, watch more, know more – that’s the SCOOP!