North American Switch Market Sales Up 3% and Bookings 4% Better for First Half of 2018 Versus 2017, Says TTI, Inc.

Total reported sales for all switch categories in North America for Q2 of 2018 were 6% above the previous quarter and 2% better than observed in the second quarter of 2017. Sales units for Q2 2018 totaled came in 3% more than units sold in Q1 and 2% below Q2 of 2017.

The total booking dollars reported for all switch categories in North America for Q2 2018 ran 1% less than the previous quarter and 3% higher than Q2 2017. The first quarter’s book-to-bill ratio for dollars was 0.995. Booking units in Q2 2018 were 5% above Q1. The first quarter’s book-to-bill ratio for units was 0.959.

The second quarter versus the first shows total sales dollars up 6% on the strength of the majority of categories. Units were also up for the majority types and increased 3% in total.  Prices were up 3% in total with four of eight categories improving. The comparison to the second quarter of 2017 has dollars increasing 2% and over half the categories saw dollars increase. Units were higher for most categories but down 2 % in total. Pricing from a year ago down for the majority of categories but higher in total by 4% on a mix shift to higher priced product. Year to date 2018 versus 2017, shows total dollars up 3% and less than 1% for units. Selling prices were up 3% as most switches gained ground.

 

READ MORE>>>

Recent Video

Loading...

Follow Us

Grow Your Knowledge

Subscribe to
EMSNOW's DAILY BRIEFING


It's how the industry starts every day. EMS News, Data and Insights.

Don't miss another post!

That's it, you're done!


Recent Videos

Share This