Project to create innovative and disruptive products
Ten thousand euros per project is available for winning ideas until 24th October 2018 to develop design-driven products in furniture, textile, footwear, accessories, jewellery and leather sectors. In addition support with individual coaching and international promotion is provided. WORTH Partnership Project, a European Union initiative funded by the COSME programme to boost the mfashion and lifestyle industry within Europe, develop innovative and design-driven products, will close 24th of October 2018.
WORTH is on the second, of a 4-year journey, aiming to support 150 partnerships during development. Awarded projects will receive funding, coaching, participation in international events, professional links, mmarket upscale and access to an innovative community to kick-start their design ideas.
COSME WORTH Partnership Project supports collaborations between fashion designers, traditional and digital craftsmanship and manufacturing industry. The selected partnerships will receive:
- € 10,000 seed money per project
- Individual coaching and advice on product market positioning, branding and Intellectual Property Rights
- Participation in two international events,
- Networking, cross-sectorial collaboration, and product development
During the first WORTH international pitching event, there was a high level of individual commitment from both the short-listed partnerships and the international jury. With the event resulting in the genesis of a community of innovation leaders, sharing their knowledge and experience.
Previous winning partnership products include:
- A smart heated jacket for outdoor use – a collaboration between German and Spanish creatives
- Sustainable fish leather women’s bags – a collaboration between British, Icelandic and Italian creatives
- Sustainable cork task chair – a collaboration between British, Portugese and German creatives
- An alarm-protected backpack – a collaboration between Austrian and German creatives
- Smart heated jacket Alarm protected backpack Sustainable cork task chair
The first edition received over 100 promising project proposals, narrowed down to 41 short-listed partnerships who pitched in an international competition in front of a high-profile jury. The final evaluations resulted in 25 partnerships chosen for the outstanding quality of ideas and partners. Partnerships are formed of SMEs (Small and Medium sized Enterprise) partners working in the fashion and consumer goods industry across Europe who can apply to the project: designers, crafters, starts ups, SMEs, and technology firms operating in sectors: fashion/textile, footwear, leather, jewellery, accessories, ,furniture and home decoration.