Flexible Electronics Market Forecast to Reach $20 Billion by 2022
MILPITAS, Calif. ─ January, 2018 – 2018FLEX, the Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) Conference and Exhibition, will bring together more than 600 experts from around the world for business-critical insights and the latest technology in both flexible electronics and MEMS and sensors. 2018FLEX – February 13-15 in Monterey, California – will spotlight FHE innovation drivers in smart medtech, smart automotive, smart manufacturing, Internet of Things (IoT) and consumer electronics. The event, hosted by SEMI FlexTech, will feature more than 100 market and technical presentations, 60 exhibits, short courses and opportunities to connect with industry visionaries.
This year 2018FLEX will co-locate with the MEMS & Sensors Technical Congress (MSTC). February 13-14, MSTC will highlight leading-edge MEMS and sensors system-level solutions, technology and applications. Click here to register for both events.
The flexible and printed electronics markets are expected to reach $20 billion by 2022, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.5 percent from 2016 to 2022, according to Zion Research. Flexible hybrid electronics and printed electronics enable new form factors and economics for a diverse set of applications. Examples include minimally invasive implantable systems that treat major depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), the ability to repair or reproduce failed devices during space exploration, and head-up displays (HUDs) that will use ultra-thin holographic films to project transparent images on car windshields for safer driving.
“Global demand for technical expertise on materials, manufacturing and component technologies in FHE and printed electronics is rapidly growing,” said Melissa Grupen-Shemansky, CTO, Flexible Electronics and Advanced Packaging, SEMI. “2018FLEX offers the latest business and technology insights into applications such as flexible biosensors, flexible displays, drones, smart packaging, 3D printing and human-machine interfaces.”
2018FLEX will also showcase the latest technologies and solutions developed by contractors involved in the public/private research and development funding programs in FlexTech, NanoBio Manufacturing Consortium (NBMC), and NextFlex.
Keynotes headlining 2018FLEX will include:
- Cortera Neurotechnologies – Minimally invasive implantable biosensors for treating major psychiatric illnesses
- NASA – In-Space Manufacturing, a multi-material Fab Lab for the International Space Station
- Luminit – Holographic Optical Element technologies for automotive HUD
- Panasonic – Flexible hybrid electronics applications for lithium-ion batteries
- Draper Labs – Flexible drones
2018FLEX will also highlight these exciting technologies:
- Bonbouton – Graphene-based smart insoles for preventative diabetic healthcare
- PARC – Latest application projects in environmental monitoring, wearables and supply chain solutions
- Tekscan – Thin, flexible, tactile sensing technology for intelligent surgical, diagnostic and home healthcare applications
The Flexible Electronics Conference and Exhibition (2018FLEX), now in its 17th year, will be held at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa in Monterey. Highlights will include significant technical achievements, opportunities and challenges within the FHE and printed electronics industries.
- Premier sponsors: E Ink and NovaCentrix
- Sponsoring exhibitors: Applied Materials, Carpe Diem Tech, Corning, MGI CERADROP, Meyer Burger, Nanotronics, Tango and YUASA SYSTEM Co., Ltd.
- Sponsors: Brewer Science, Carpe Diem Tech, FlexEnable, FUJIFILM Dimatix, Lockheed Martin, MGI CERADROP, PEER Group, and SCREEN
Follow 2018FLEX on Twitter #2018FLEX and @flexconf.
About MEMS & Sensors Technical Congress
MEMS & Sensors Technical Congress (MSTC), hosted by SEMI-MSIG, focused on the MEMS and sensors industry. The annual SEMI-MSIG technical conference addresses market and technology challenges to moving up the value chain and identifies critical market drivers.
- Silver sponsors: NXP and ULVAC
- Sponsor: Rogue Valley Microdevices
For more information, please visit www.SEMIMSTC.org. Follow MSTC on Twitter #MSTC2018 and @MEMSGroup.