The electronics design world is by now aware that we’re in a very serious period of components shortages. The hardest hit seem to be ceramic capacitors, but other passives as well as a variety of connectors and silicon parts are also caught up in the shortage storm. Allocation and shortages hit every few years, but this one seems to be the worst in recent memory. It could be a problem until 2020 and the supply chain and world of components manufactures will likely be a different animal coming out of it.
- Heike Schlessmann, Marketing Manager, SEHO
- Keith Bryant, Global Director, Electronic Sales, YXLON
- Thomas Stetter, Senior VP, Assembly Solutions, Mycronic
- Karthik Vijay, Technical Manager Europe, Indium Corporation
- Michael Ford, European Marketing Director at Aegis on CAPAS and FRACAS at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018