We have a term we use at my consulting firm to depict an engineer with limited experience and knowledge in the science of electronic assembly – the processes, equipment, materials, design, etc.. In place of actual experience, usually through no fault of their own, but rather due to short tenure in the assembly environment, most of his or her knowledge has been gained by what they have read – books, magazines, conference proceedings and the internet. (Of course, we all know that if it is on the internet, it must be true!) We call these people “Popular Mechanics Engineers”[i] (with all due respect to one of my favorite periodicals).
- Marco van Oosterhout, Director Product Marketing, Kulicke & Soffa at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018
- Manuel Schöllig, International Account Manager, Emil Otto at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018
- Thomas Marktscheffel, Director Product Management, ASM Assembly Systems at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018
- David Bergman, Vice President International Relations at IPC at at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018
- Michael Ford of Aegis Software on Industry 4.0 Value at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018